Thursday, August 18, 2011

Is It Because I'm White?

Now, I know this is kind of a touchy subject, but somebody's got to talk about it so why not me? I've always heard and even seen how hurt, how outraged, how upset black women are when black men date or marry white women, but I have never understood why. I know that it could be for many reasons some along the lines of it seems like white women have everything anyway so why should they get our men, too? Or black men should learn that white women only want to use and abuse them (although truth be told women of all races are guilty of this). Or black women should be the first choice in a black man's mind. Okay, so here's what I have to say, love is blind and it is very possible that a black man has actually fallen in love with a white woman and didn't marry her to gain status in society. And to the same token, black women have to learn to date outside of their race as well. I know that we all love our black men and desire to marry them, but truth be told there really are good men in other races and love knows no color. Why should we limit ourselves to one race of people? My point is, we should save all of our negative attention geared towards the white women who have "stolen" our black men and turn it into positive energy to be happy that they are happy and focus on being happy ourselves. And let me also say that I'm not saying ALL black women can't stand to see black men with white women because I know that isn't true. In fact, there are some black women who have decided to marry white men. I just say if you'd be happy to hear that a black couple has gotten married and are living the good life, you should be just as happy if it's an interracial couple including a black man and white woman.

1 comment:

  1. Its sad to say, but I am guilty of this. I'm by no means a racist, inf act I have a lot of white friends, but it still bothers me to see a black man with a white woman. I know its a very common thing but it still seems so out of place. All I can say is to each his own.....

    ReplyDelete