Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dating 101

Okay, so maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but I really feel like the term dating has lost like ALL of its appeal nowadays. For one, let me just say that hanging out at someone's house (i.e. he/she invited you over to watch movies) is NOT the only way to have a date and some might even go so far as to say that doesn't even count as a date. Dating to me is, at first, going out together, experiencing new things together, really just getting to know each other. You can go to dinner and a movie, you can try a fun, new activity together like paintball or I don't know, ballroom dancing or something. Here is what I don't see as a date though, going to his/her house and being the only man/woman there as they have fun with their friends and you sit in a corner bored to death. A date is not going to McDonald's or Burger King or Church's Fried Chicken for lunch UNLESS you've been married or have dated for a  very long time and money is tight, you only have a short amount of time together before the kids come home, etc. Because in those cases it's the little things that count, making coffee in the morning and taking it to your partner is romantic after you've been together for such a long time (or so I've heard). Even still, my point is this, a date to me is something you put a little effort into. I like to go out and have fun. I want to actually see the types of things you like to do, what types of foods you like, what movies you enjoy watching, how you interact with people other than me, etc. Save all the going to each other's house to watch movies together for later on in the relationship, once you've decided to be serious about each other. Ladies, tell guys you demand more from him than simply driving to his house to sit around and watch whatever sitcom is playing that night. And guys, if you're really interested in a girl, show her. Stop being so quick to stay home and do nothing, go out and show the girl a good time.

1 comment:

  1. And u are so rite these men need to show us just how bad they want to be with us. I don't even like when a man use to say to me come over to his house. Then when i tell him no he want to get mad hell i don't even care but like i said that was back then. Now i have me a good man better then the one's that i've had in the past. This one that i have now is the one and i love him very much.

    ReplyDelete