Friday, August 26, 2011

Definition of A Lady

While conversing with a friend, he brought up a question to me; where have all the ladies gone? He said he feels women now act like/try to compete with men, dress sloppily, curse way too much, and just don't carry themselves like the feminine, delicate creatures they were created to be. Now, I can agree with him to a certain extent because I have noticed as well that more and more women do seem to be doing things that would typically be associated with men such as smoking, drinking until intoxicated, and "cursing like sailors." However, I do believe that ladies still exist. Am I saying that I believe if you curse, drink, or smoke that you aren't a lady, no. What I am saying though, is that typically when defining what a lady is, these three things aren't included in the definition. I think that being a lady is all in the way that you carry yourself. If you carry yourself as if you respect yourself, others will respect you. Do you have to dress like a nun to be a lady? No, you can still dress sexy, yet be classy with it. Does that mean you should never have a drink or go to a party? No, but if you're going to drink, know how much alcohol you can handle. If you're going to party, carry yourself in such a way that people know to respect you. A lady leaves something to the imagination, don't dance so provocatively with guys that they've already concluded what sex with you would be like...What do you think? Do ladies still exist? What's your definition of a lady? Do you think what people consider to be a lady should change with the times?

1 comment:

  1. JM. I think ladies still exist. My definition of a lady is simple its the way she carries her self. She doesnt act out to be seen, she doesnt lower her standards for anyone, she doesnt let a nigga treat her any way cause she know she deserves better.

    ReplyDelete