Friday, July 8, 2011

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

First and foremost, let me start off by saying Mississippi is my home, I've been here for 23 years and counting BUT let me also say I am sick and tired of meeting the same ole same ole men. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones you meet who think everyone wants to know what color underwear they put on this morning. The ones who think Lil Wayne is God playing music so loud it shakes the walls of your house, not to mention they should've fixed the dent in the side of their car or at least taken the time to fix that busted out window on the driver's side. Or how about the guy who is so stuck on himself because he actually has a job that he can't see you for kissing his own behind. Yeah, I've met a couple of those guys, too... But then again I've come to realize I'm a little more superficial than I thought considering I met a somewhat decent guy, but the fact that he was shorter than me in FLAT shoes just didn't sit well with me. I'm beginning to wonder; Is wanting a man who is God fearing, intelligent, romantic, has a legit job, NO kids, FAITHFUL, tall enough that I can actually be face to face with him, and honest too much to ask for? I'm just saying, contrary to popular belief all black women DO NOT want a thug! Does anybody feel me out there?

3 comments:

  1. I definitely understand where you're coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U know what i was tired of the samething so wut i did was just take timeout for myself and do things. But when i did that that's when i met my husband. And wuz's so funny six months before that i was reading my bible and praying to god asking him to send me a good man that has a good head on him that doesn't do drugs,drink,and anything else that i didn't like in a man. Then i wrote down twentyseven things that i will like in a man then i put it in my bible. So when sept came that's when i met my husband. Now all men are not perfect cause he's not but one thing about being married that i have learned is that when something is wrong or going on it's good to talk to your mate not to your friends family or other people who act like they care but they don't all they want to do is just find out wuz's going on. But just keep in mind that your time is coming and when it does it'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article. I am a man and (definitely not brown nosing or kissing you know what) I am with you on the most part. Sagging makes about as much sense as well letting George Bush be a teacher.

    ReplyDelete