Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Quantity Does NOT Equal Quality

How long have you been with your partner? A few months? A year? Three years? Longer? Well, let me this, are you happy? I mean, I know no one is happy ALL the time, but overall, are you happy? If you answered yes to this, then great! That's what love is all about, sharing your life with that special someone who compliments you and makes you happy. If you answer no to this, I have one question, WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE? Are you afraid of getting back out there and dating again? Don't think you'll ever find anyone else? What? I know you may be comfortable where you are, I mean you've gotten past the "honeymoon stage" and you know their good and bad habits, you've already met the family yada yada yada, but that's not reason enough to stay if you're unhappy. Think about how being unhappy and stressed out affects not only your mental and emotional health, but your physical health as well. Being unhappy and stressed out increases your chances of depression, high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, etc. Not to mention what will happen to the kids, if you have them, by watching you stay with someone who isn't making you happy simply because you've been with them for a long time. All I'm saying is, if you're in a relationship with someone who makes you feel bad about yourself, someone who cheats constantly, someone who is abusive in any way, if you find yourself crying more than smiling, or you feel the love is gone from your relationship, then baby, it's time to move on no matter how many years it's been. I can vouch for the fact that the dating world is a tough place to be, it's definitely hard to meet someone even halfway decent much less "the one", but don't you owe it to yourself to try to find happiness?

4 comments:

  1. I found my self very unhappy nine years ago. And like u said after i felt myself getting sick and having chest pain i went to the hospital and the first thing my doctor told me was that i was stressed out very bad. I mean the man i was with here i was taking care of a child that was not mines. But guess wut i fell in luv with that child because i was the only mother that she had and for him tryin to take her from me because i didn't want to be with him anymore nigga please. At this time my lil girl is nine years old and we are still growing strong together and no he's not in the picture and im happy as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do bad by myself!
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been with my partner for many years now and am very much in love but its not all smiles all the time. I know things aren't going to be good all the time buti'm where I want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will say Amen! I agree with this article, but there are those who will sit there and get cheated on, abused, and walk the lines of poverty just because they love their partner. I see it all the time. It's sad to say that such a simple fix gets complicated QUICK if there are kids and cohabitation involved (especially in today's weak economy).

    ReplyDelete