Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Sin Is Better Than Their Sin!

So, seeing that it's Sunday and all, I decided to post something on the topic of religion. In recent, and some not so recent, conversations, I've heard some of the same crazy ass comments about this one particularly controversial topic. Things like "Oh, that's wrong and they're going straight to hell." Or "Now that's just nasty, I don't like being around people like that." And even "Well, yes, God can save everybody and forgive all sins, but people like that are doomed." Who exactly are people like that? You guessed it! Gay people! Now, I'm not gay nor have I ever engaged in "gaylike" activities, BUT I find it interesting that the main people making those types of comments about people being gay are people who fornicate. I've even had a guy tell me being gay is a terrible sin and an abomination ( Leviticus 18:22, the main scripture folk throw out there when explaining why being gay is wrong although interestingly enough no one quotes the scripture that says flee from sexual immorality for he who sins sexually sins against his own body 1 Corinthians 6:18). Now the Bible also says that NEITHER the sexual immoral NOR homosexual offenders will inherit the kingdom of God (also found in 1 Corinthians, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 to be exact) but no one wants to quote that one either. Oh, and I've also been told by a guy that gay people need to change their lives around/stop being gay, but he just didn't think he could live without sex, although he is not married. My point is folk are so quick to say that gay people are going to hell, that they're wrong, that they're nasty, etc but no one wants to point the finger on themself. I mean, who the hell are you to judge anyway? Whenever someone has something to say about you you drop "Only God can judge me." So why isn't God the only one to judge gay people? Or did God just step down from his postion and let you step in? Isn't a sin a sin a sin?

4 comments:

  1. Everything that u said is so true kina. I mean we are not the one's who has to judge other people or gay's. We've all have sin and that's why when we do sin u pray and ask god to forgive u for your sins. I have friends that are gay male and female. And one thing that i do tell them all is that we can stay friends just as long as u don't make a move on me we are good lol lol... But the topic that u put out today was very good. I'm still waiting on u to put out the good book you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.. yeah this topic is a big one with me. Still very much Christian but apparently I've become a bit more liberal in my old age. Anyhow, I totally agree with you-- too many people (ESPECIALLY African Americans) are grossly intolerant of homosexuality. Not to say that you can't have your moral basis, but sin IS sin. Homosexuality is no more sinful than lying, stealing, or overeating.
    And frankly, I'm convinced that the African American bias towards homosexuality is a key driver is the rapid transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases in our community, especially to women..

    Idiocracy at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tired of people shoving the "We should be more tolerant toward gays" idealism down our throats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha great article as usual. I once had 0 tolerance of the glbt (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) "movement" but today (although I still don't condone it) I am extremely acceptant of them. I am not even close to being gay but I have about 2 dozen gay friends. In my opinion, we get way to caught up in worrying about the perspective lives of others. Being gay is nothing new and it more than likely won't go away anytime soon. There is no medicine for it and in most people out of high school - it's not a phase. Fix what you can fix but I don't see any task force taking out half of San Fran (lol). Sure what they practice can bring about AIDS/HIV,etc but how many of us are exactly monogomous? Since we are being spiritual check out Romans 3:23..

    ReplyDelete