Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Eatin Ain't Cheatin

You are your own worst critic or at least that's what is said to be the truth of us as people. A lot of times we judge ourselves more harshly than other people do. I think that would be the key reason people feel they have to justify their behaviors to themselves and others, especially when doing something they know most would disapprove of such as cheating. Now let me just say that I've heard people "justify" cheating with all kinds of things like "I didn't really cheat, we just kissed." Or "We just stayed up and talked all night, it's not like we had sex or anything." Or "We just had oral sex we didn't have real sex." That last one would have to be my favorite because after all oral SEX is in fact sex right? It's oral SEX! Granted there is no genital to genital contact, but it is still sex nonetheless. So just putting this out there, that blues song that says "eatin ain't cheatin" is bull! Here's my take on the whole "justifying" cheating thing. Anything you do with someone other than your partner that you feel you have to justify to yourself and/or others is cheating in itself. If you're doing something with someone else that you wouldn't do in front of your partner, something you know your partner wouldn't approve of, something you wouldn't tell your partner about, something you feel guilty about doing with someone other than your partner then it is cheating. Let me also add that emotional cheating DOES exist!  But that's just my take on it. What do you think? What's your definition of cheating? Do you think "eatin really cheatin?

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. It doesn't necessarily have to be "sex" to cheat. People have gotten into the habit of using that as an excuse when its really not smh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you & I wish my significant other would tell me that "eating aint cheating" because it most certainly is! It qualifies as sex in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol maybe I am just unorthodox (and no doubt I am) but I doubt my fellow men would really just want to "eat" at least in that sense. I won't elaborate any futher. Good article

    ReplyDelete