Monday, September 12, 2011

"Rules To Love By"

You've heard them all before, "rules to love by", so, I've compiled a list of  some of my favorites... and added a few of my own comments/thoughts.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.- Yeah, well, ever heard of out of sight, out of mind? I definitely feel that time apart gives you time to miss someone and appreciate the time that you do have with them. So absence certainly will make the heart grow fonder, IF that absence is short lived otherwise you'll most likely be forgotten.

Having a piece of man is better than having no man at all.- Now, from reading other posts by me, I'm sure you know how I feel about this one. Why settle for less than what you deserve? If he can't give you ALL of him then you don't need him.

It's cheaper to keep her.- Now, for this one, I think it depends on what the cost is. If what you're thinking of is strictly monetary value, then sure, it may truly be cheaper to keep her. But how much is your mental, physical, and emotional health worth to you? Because if she's definitely not what you need, your health will take the hit for you keeping her around.

If you can't love the one you want, love the one you're with.- Ok, I'd have to again say no. I must reinerate my previous point here, you deserve better than a Mr or Mrs Right Now, keep it moving.

I can do bad all by myself.- You most certainly can. You don't need someone who worsens your situation, you need someone who will make it better. Love isn't drama each and every day of the week.

If you can think of any more "rules to love by" and have comments on them, please post below. Let me hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment