Sunday, September 4, 2011

Encourage Yourself

Sometimes it's hard to stay encouraged that the things you want to happen in life will happen. Sometimes people say so many hateful things to you just because you're trying to do something good for yourself and they can't stand to see you succeed. It doesn't matter if your something good is going to school,  saving up to buy a new car, applying for a better job, getting married to the one you love, or moving into a nicer neighborhood. Some people will try to tear you down no matter what. The funny thing is you don't have to do anything negative to them in order for them to want to hurt you. In fact, the person or people trying to tear you down might not even be people you know. Yet in other, more hurtful cases, they are people you love and trusted like so called friends and/or family. God tells us not to put our trust in man because man will fail you every time. He tells us to put our trust in Him and he will provide us with all we need. I certainly know all about people saying bad things and trying to tear people down just when they're trying to turn their life around for the better. I've had people say some of the most hurtful things about me, things that hurt me so deep I didn't know how I would go on., but I knew I couldn't let that happen. I couldn't let the negative things people said about me keep me from becoming the woman God wanted me to be. I had to pray for the strength to get up each and every day and keep moving forward. I prayed for the strength to encourage myself so that I could be an encouragement to someone else. So, here are a few scriptures to help you through whatever it is you may be struggling with today. No matter what people have said about you, no matter what they have done to you, remember there is a greater force within you and he'll give you the strength to go on. Things will be toughest right before your breakthrough. You have to go through the test in order to have your testimony.
"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
"Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may oppress no more." Psalm 10:17-18
"Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." John 14:1,3
"Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." 1 Peter 4:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment