Sunday, October 2, 2011

God Made Me

OK, so this topic came up when I heard a lady make a comment about the outfits gospel singers Mary Mary were wearing on a show that had come on BET. Now, while I agree that you should not "let it all hang out" when praising God, going to church, doing a praise dance, etc, I do also feel that you shouldn't have to dress like a nun in order to please people. Tina and Erica have curves, this is true, BUT God gave them those curves and in my opinion they dress them nicely. I haven't seen them dressed too provocatively nor do I think they're over sexed. I even heard on some show that Pop singer Jessica Simpson was turned away from singing gospel because people felt her large breasts made her too sexy to be a Christian artist. Here's my take on this, God made us all. It isn't our fault the way God made each and every one of us and we should not have to apologize for the way He made us look. I say as long as you're not wearing skin tight clothes or showing all your "goodies", you're good. There is a way to be sexy yet classy. And once again, I don't think you have to dress like a nun simply because you're a Christian. Christians can be sexy, too, you just have to do it tastefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment