Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Does True Love Even Exist?

With all the divorces and break-ups happening around us, it can be hard to even imagine a "happily ever after", let alone finding a "true love". You hardly see couples getting married and staying together for fifty and/or sixty years, in fact, you hardly see couples getting married now at all. Suddenly people are saying "marriage isn't for everybody" and "I don't want to put myself in that type of situation". But I'm baffled by this and have NO comprehension of when or why this started. Those who follow my blog regularly know that I'm pro marriage and would definitely consider myself a hopeless romantic so I certainly want to believe that true love not only exists, but also that marriages can survive the storm. It's really not so easy to keep that type of attitude considering all the negativity surrounding marriage and love and relationships in general. I mean, have people become so wrapped up in their own lives that they aren't willing to compromise and/or open their hearts up to someone else? Where did this all begin? Will this anti marriage/love movement ever turn around? Should I even believe that true love exists? These are questions I find myself wondering as I take a look around me. I always want to look on the bright side and hope for the best, but considering the increasing divorce rates and the number of break-ups amongst peers, I'm not sure how much longer my positive attitude towards love will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment