Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Who Said Valentine's Day Was For Women?

Valentine's Day will be here before you know it and I'd like to say a few words on the event. I've always considered myself a hopeless romantic as those of you who've been following my blog already know and I like to wine and dine my man just like I want him to wine and dine me. That's just how I feel, however, as previously stated in another post, a lot of women don't share my opinion. Now, Valentine's Day isn't really a national holiday or anything, but it is considered a special day. One that is set aside for you to show that special someone in your life just how much you love and appreciate them, BUT many women feel it's the day that men are supposed to spend tons of money on them to prove they deserve them. I TOTALLY disagree. Valentine's Day is supposed to be to show that special someone you care, and that DOES include women buying or creating or whatever it is you want to do for your mate. Men aren't the only ones who are supposed to be coming out of pocket, setting up romantic evenings, or cooking a fancy meal that day. Valentine's Day is for everyone and although I'm sure most men aren't going to be too fond of the idea of receiving a teddy bear or roses, I'm certain you could find something masculine enough to let your man know you care. All I'm trying to say here is that women have to give what they want to receive. If you want romance, be willing to give romance. If you want him to spice things up, be willing to do things to spice things up on your end as well. And with that being said, let me also be sure to say that you shouldn't ONLY do nice things for your mate on special occasions. Valentine's Day IS set aside to show your mate how much you care, but it shouldn't be the only time you do so.

1 comment:

  1. And that is the truth!!! I think every woman should do something for they man on that day as well. If you don't somebody else will just remember that!!!

    ReplyDelete