Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ride or Die B*tch vs Chick

I know a lot of you are probably thinking there really is no difference between the words chick and b*tch, but I beg to differ. In my mind, calling yourself a b*tch implies that you are harsh and... Um... Rugged is the only word I can think of to sort of, kind of fit what I'm thinking while chick seems to me is a bit more classy and soft/feminine. Now, to the title at hand, a ride or die chick differs from a ride or die b*tch in that she is the backbone of the relationship, she is going to hold you down meaning she's going to help you stay up, stay positive in this crazy world. She is going to encourage you to do better, to strive for greater. She is going to be loyal and straightforward enough with you to tell you when you're wrong and try to help you get it right NOT help you do wrong pretending that it is right. A ride or die chick would NOT help you run from the police or hide your gun, drugs, stolen possessions because a ride or die chick actually wants to have her man around therefore she wouldn't even THINK of being a part of any foolishness like that. Ride or die chicks would include women like Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Coretta Scott-King, Victoria Osteen, and Heather Lindsey. Being a ride or die chick has nothing to do with color and everything to do with character. What does it say about you that you would actually HELP your mate do wrong? Do you really think that's what makes you loyal? A woman is supposed to be her man's helpmate, she's supposed to help him to be better, he who findeth a wife is supposed to find a GOOD thing, not one who will support him in doing wrong. Just saying. Call me lame, but I'd rather be a woman who helps her man succeed than one who is ultimately helping him to self destruct.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with this post. Some men feel that if a woman supports or encourages self destructive behavior, that she "loves" him. Ha! She loves the benefits that she gets! A real woman will encourage you to get a real job instead of standing on the block,selling drugs, and being prey for police officers. No woman who cares wants to worry that if her man is in jail or all the other effects that come with being a "ride or die" b! A real woman encourages and uplifts. She shouldn't encourage self destruction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much for your comment, Krystal! I'm glad you liked this post!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree also it is a difference, if you call yourself a bit.. dont get offended when others call you a bit.., and I know when people really have my back and will ride and die with me because they try to avoid bulls... and just handle business when they need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Ninth Child!!! I appreciate it!!

      Delete