Friday, January 17, 2014

So Called Men

It just has to be said that the phrase "age ain't nothing but a number" would definitely be fitting here as age certainly does not make a man as it should. With age is supposed to come wisdom, but that really seems lacking as I take a look around from day to day. Let me give you the run down, guys, okay. First things first, SOME of you need to get rid of the whole "boys will be boys" mentality and I wish I could choke whoever came up with that. First of all, past age 18, you are no longer considered a boy and secondly, it is time for a change. Stop, I repeat, stop having multiple babies with multiple women you have no intention on marrying, producing kids you have no intentions on taking care of, and thinking it's okay. Stop trying to impress your friends who you know ain't worth jack squat anyway. Stop thinking it is cute to be 25, 35, and dare I say 45 stringing women along because you think it makes you look like "the man" or showing up to the club every weekend trying to see how many numbers you can get. If you want to call yourself a man then you need to present yourself as such. A MAN takes care of his responsibilities, respects himself and others, sets goals and goes after them and most of all he is clear about what he wants. All I am really trying to say here is, be responsible for truly being a man if you're going to call yourself one. And just FYI, if you are unemployed and not doing anything to change that, you have a child or children you do not support financially or any other way for that matter, live with your mom simply because you can, have a good girl but dog her out every chance you get, or spend the majority of your time doing unproductive things like playing video games all day long YOU ARE NOT A MAN!!! Wake up and do something about that! That is all.

5 comments:

  1. Speaking as a man. ooh, you is cutting us with a sharp razor but I know its my man hood talking. But the truth is everything you said is true, most men claim the word man but they are boys. So hey I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a a BIG difference b/t a boy and a MAN. A lot of men think having an ole lady n a baby makes him a man. But there is more to being a man than producing a child. Having priorities in place is a big part in manhood. I see a lot of males buying rims n tennis shoes to show off and then sleeping on the floor or borrowing money from their parent to pay their bills until next pay day. To me, thats looks a little childish, most certainly not a responsible adult. All in all, it is time to grow up males.

      Delete
  2. Thank you guys so very much for your comments! It is greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I see this daily. One thing I've learned is that you can't raise a "man".

    ReplyDelete