Tuesday, January 8, 2013

All I Want... A Big Booty H*e

I am sure that many of us have heard the 2 Chainz song "Birthday Song" in which he makes it VERY clear that all he wants for his birthday is "a big booty h*e". Now I have no doubt that many of you listen to this song, sing along to ALL the lyrics, dance all night to it and have absolutely no problem with it at all, but I'm here to tell you that I do. Why? Because I am sick and tired of this nonsense! Why must our music include the same degrading, ignorant, down right disrespectful crap? And worse yet, why do we keep listening to, downloading, and promoting it? I'm not speaking only to the ladies on this one, although we definitely play a HUGE role in this. I've said it before and I'll say it again; we have got to demand better for ourselves. Don't answer to h*e, b*tch, sl*t, etc. You are more than your body, much more than your looks, more valuable than to be used for sex and thrown away. And guys, do you ever stop to think how you'd feel if some man said the things that you say to girls on the street to your mom, grandmom, daughter, etc? Just because something is popular that does not make it right.We need a change. What happened to men actually "courting" women, being romantic, and taking the time to get to know a woman BEFORE trying to get them into bed? What happened to women acting like ladies, knowing their worth and not throwing themselves at men opting instead to let him chase her before jumping into bed?  Can we ever go back to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment