Friday, December 7, 2012

You Have What?!?

Let's just say you met the perfect man/woman  for you and he/she is everything you have ever wanted in a mate. He/she is very attractive, very intelligent, sweet, family oriented, and everything else you want, but there's one VERY big issue; he/she recently told you that he/she has an incurable STD. Now I know that many of you are already saying to yourself "Oh, my God! He/she is NOT the one!" or something along those lines as STDS, whether curable or not, are pretty much always paired with negative stereotypes/views. People automatically assume that if a person has an STD they are nasty and have obviously had a lot of sexual partners when in actuality, sexually transmitted diseases CAN be passed from mother to child, CAN be caught from having sex with only ONE person, and CAN be passed through shared needles. The sad part is that as soon as a person reveals that they have a STD, people are so quick to judge that person that they never take the time to realize that the person may have been the victim of a heartless jerk who just wanted to "burn" someone else because they were "burned" or the innocent child of an misinformed mother, you just n ever know. I said all that to say don't be so quick to judge. I know that it is not an ideal life to live with a person who has an incuable disease, much less one that is sexually transmitted, but my question to you would be, if you felt that this person was "the one" in every other aspect, would you stay with them and even marry them? Or do you feel this is something you simply could not handle? What are your thoughts on this? Leave your comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Shakina,

    Great work and welcome back to the blogworld as well as congrats on pushing out Landon. Very interesting piece you have here and my comment follows as such. I am very much in love with my woman and I love her dearly but there is no way in 10 hells I would be with her if she had the possibility of "burning" me or our future children. Also I would not marry her because outside of sex (which is so so SO important to me) there is a very strong possibility that she may not live all that long. I understand that this may seem blunt and maybe even paint me in the light as being a "douche" but; these are my honest thoughts. God bless you and your blog.

    Jarmarcias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Jarmarcias! At least I know somebody listens to me! And I appreciate the congrats! :) I will try my darnedest to keep my blog updated!

      Delete