Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mixing Business With Pleasure

It happens pretty often. You start a new job, or while working an old job, you are introduced to a coworker you find attractive. You don't know what to do. Should you let him/her know how you feel? Is it inappropriate to date him/her? How should you handle this situation? Here are my thoughts,  IF YOU ARE BOTH SINGLE that is! You should definitely tread lightly because it's a complicated thing, mixing business with pleasure. Some people, no matter their age, are not able to handle it. They don't know how to be discreet or how to continue being cordial in the workplace if things take a turn for the worse outside the workplace. There are definitely examples of relationships that started in the workplace and ended up being happily ever after, heck even the President and First Lady are an example of that, HOWEVER, there are also examples of relationships that started in the workplace and went horribly wrong. And yes, I know that relationships can go wrong no matter where you meet, I'm just saying that a  relationship that started in the workplace that goes wrong might end up being worse. Think about it, if the relationship goes wrong and you work with that person, that could possibly affect your job. Sometimes people are unpredictable, you never know what a person is capable of. He/she could decide to try and sabotage your career simply because you tell them you know longer want to be with them. Everything from firing you if he/she is the boss, spreading vicious lies/rumors about you, discussing what you guys did in the bedroom with fellow coworkers, etc. And ladies, let me just tell you, although it is said that men are totally the ones who WON'T connect emotionally if you all have sex, this is not always the case! So, my advice to you, both men AND women, is to REALLY REALLY think hard before starting a relationship whether it is ONLY sexual or not with a coworker.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ms. Shakina :) I think there is nothing wrong dating someone u work with. I work around a lot of women @ my job & yes some r sexy but I don't tell them that because I have respect for them all & plus i'm married. I respect my wife even though she is not with me @ work it's still ok to look sometimes. But if the persons r both single I say go on that date talk have a good time nothing wrong with that get to know each other. So I say go for it. Good Topic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thank you so much for your comment and for voicing your opinion! I truly appreciate that! I hope you will continue to read my posts! :)

    ReplyDelete