Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Are Men Really The "Sensitive" Ones?

I have pondered this issue before and even posed the question to my friends on Facebook; do you think men are more insecure than women? Are men really the ones who are sensitive? I ask these questions, more recently due to something I read in a book. The character, Chante' was looking in the dictionary to see if there was a male equivalent for any of the derogatory terms defined for women. Words like slut and whore. She did not, however find any such male equivalents leading her to say that men "dish it, but can't take it". After reading those words, I began to think, you know... There are a lot of things that can "bruise a man's ego" or hurt his "pride". I'll give you a few examples to think about; obviously, if a woman has had more sexual partners, if a woman makes more money, if a woman has more education, if a woman is better at doing something men are "supposed" to be good at just to name a few. Now, don't get me wrong, I know that there are men out there who are so secure within themselves that these things may not bother them one bit, BUT I know that there are, of course, those guys out there who will feel less of a man being with a woman who possesses any of these characteristics. And yes, I also know that there are women who could be just as insecure about these things, but this post isn't about that. Anyway, those were just a few of my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment